Problem with sp_attach_db...

Rider
Дата: 05.10.2000 13:10:27
While using sp_attach_db sever throws me these errors. Pls tell me what and where I should do to overcome them.
Server: Msg 1816, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not attach the database because the character set, sort order, or Unicode collation for the database differs from this server.
Server: Msg 1816, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not attach the database because the character set, sort order, or Unicode collation for the database differs from this server.
Warning: Unicode comparison flags 196609 in database differs from server Unicode comparison flags of 196611.
AlexV
Дата: 05.10.2000 13:40:05
You try to attach database with different settings (character set, sort order and unicode collation) from your server. You can check and rebuild master DB on your server with REBUILDM.EXE utility (e.g. C:\MSSQL7\BINN\). But, in this case, you CAN'T work with the rest DBs on server!!!
However, the best way the next. You have to have two SQL servers. One of them - with original settings for your attached DB-files. Then use the DTS to transfer you DB from original server to required server. DB settings will be converted!
Good luck!
alex_vishn@yahoo.com
Vasily
Дата: 05.10.2000 14:12:13
I met with this problem. I had a difference in "Unicode comparison style" option. In the book online under the key "Unicode comparison style option" I found next:

sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1
GO
RECONFIGURE
GO
sp_configure 'Unicode comparison style', 196611
GO
RECONFIGURE
GO

This operation required to restart server. After restart the server it refuse to start at all :(((
Does somebody have ideas what could it be and how can I have repair the server (except it reinstall :)?
Rider
Дата: 05.10.2000 16:19:26
To Vasily:

I've tried the script you've found - and my sql server died :))) - so I've just reinstall it - 10 min work... Afterwards everything's just fine.
Vasily
Дата: 06.10.2000 09:35:15
2 Rider

Do you wanna say that you could attach DB after reinstallation? 8-||
Rider
Дата: 06.10.2000 13:23:45
2 Vasily:

Yes, I've done it without any problems... The only thing you need to be aware of is the right setting for unicode collation, charset etc...